Head of IT - Permanent - Home Counties
Head of IT
Our international well-known client, who is a leader in their field based in the Home Counties is seeking an experienced Head of IT to help implement a programme of strategic change across their IT estate. Working with senior stakeholders and partners you will participate in the development of a long-term Information Management strategy that supports the growth and future direction of the client’s ambitious business plan.
Key Competencies required:
- Direct and motivate a cross-functional team of junior and senior Developers, Quality Assurance Professionals, Graphic Artists, Knowledge Management Professionals, Business Analysts, Network Engineer, Technical Architects and Product Managers.
- Develop and maintain organisational level agreements [OLA] for On-shore and Off-shore teams
- Drive performance across the functions using KPIs
- Ensure the health of processes under each function
- Monitor and fulfil IT resource requirements across the business
- Develop and champion the culture of Ideation
- Produce quarterly product roadmaps and oversee product launches
- Produce regular status reports and oversee other administrative activities
- Partner with vendors, by creating of statement of work and delivery schedules
- Grow and maintain product, domain and functional knowledge bases
- Showcasing innovations through patents, white papers
- Influence, collaborate and communicate effectively with other department heads
- Hands-on approach to solving critical issues
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills:
- Experienced in developing software products using the following technologies:
· WCF, Workflow Foundation (WF), WPF, Entity Framework, Lync, ADO.Net or other Object Relational Mappers (ORM), SOA
· Performance bottleneck isolation tools like Ants profiler, Glow code, Fiddler
· Code profiling tools, memory profiling tools & open source frameworks
· Big Data, Hadoop and related technologies
· Android, iOS, Windows Store Apps
- Exposure to Agile software development methodologies, ISO, CMM processes
- Excellent communication with analytical and resource marshalling skills
- Demonstrable record of managing parallel projects and cross-functional product teams with a track record of successful product releases.
- Certifications like PMP, PMI–ACP, Lean, Six-Sigma, PRINCE2
- Good track record of Team Management and Time Management to meet business priorities
- Demonstrable record of managing and developing an organisation or a business unit
- B.E. / B-Tech/ M.E/ M-Tech / B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Maths / Computer Science.
- MBA Desirable
- Experience in travel, hospitality, leisure sector is preferred
This is a pivotal role in the company’s strategic drive forward and as such will offer a salary in excess of £75k pa, plus substantial bonus for the right individual.
Apply directly on our LinkedIn job page or contact us on 01327 368 368.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.