Infrastructure Support Engineer (Citrix / AD) – Permanent Role (Slough)
Our client is a highly regarded and expanding global finance organisation with an enviable reputation in the market place. With their increasing workload they are looking for an Infrastructure Support Engineer to join their UK ICT Service Delivery team.
You will be expected to lead and deliver the best in class support to their UK customers, working in partnership with infrastructure services & other partners. You will also be expected to ensure exceptional IT service quality, & customer service is delivered at all times by the service support team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide best in class customer support service to a high level at all times
- Co – ordinate IT Operations daily activities to deliver best in class IT services for UK internal and external customers
- Manage and motivate team to provide great customer service and lead by example at all times
- Maximise uptime and availability of servers, networks and applications across the Infrastructure Estate
- Provide 2nd level support for all in scope operational systems
- Work in close partnership with IT Service Desk (1st Line Support) & Infrastructure teams to ensure IT service availability, and continuous service improvement
- Complete analysis, planning and service reporting as required agreed standards
- Support the updating and management of the service catalogue
- Manage IT Service Delivery 3rd Party Suppliers acting as a point of escalation
- Keep aligned to market developments & adopt best practice
- Support the global business and maintain strong external focus and relationships
Your experience & skills to date should include:
- Supported Citrix (XenServer, XenDesktop, Xenapp, etc) or virtualised (VMware ESXi 4.1/6.0) environments
- Good hands-on knowledge of complex MS AD configurations (Active Directory / Group Policies)
- Strong experience of IT Second Line BAU infrastructure support role in large enterprise environments
- Mobile Device Management tool sets (e.g. MobileIron, AirWatch, etc)
- Administration of LanDesk or similar service delivery tools would be useful
- Solid interpersonal & communication skills, experienced in communicating with senior stakeholders and customers, as well as the team.
- Good understanding of ITIL Service Delivery and Service Support disciplines
- Good understanding & knowledge of IT infrastructure, including Windows Client & server technologies, clusters, load balancing, LAN/WAN technologies, Citrix and thin client technologies
- ITIL II or III Foundation Level desirable
- Conscientious, motivated & lead by example
- Strong engagement and outcome-based delivery ethic
- Any mentoring of junior analysts helpful
- Experience of building strong and effective relationships with team, stakeholders, customers and partners
- Ability to articulate complex technology problems clearly and simply
- Commutable distance to Slough
This is a permanent role located in Slough with a very comprehensive package with good long term career growth opportunities for the right candidate.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.