Cognos Business Intelligence Analyst - Slough - Contract Role - 6 months - Immediate Start - Global Financial Organisation - Apply Today!
Our Global Financial client based in Slough is seeking a highly experienced Cognos Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst for a long term contract starting asap.
The role of the Cognos Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is to document reporting requirements, analysis and general data-oriented business and systems analysis from initial idea evaluation through to successful implementation across a range of incremental changes and transformational projects.
Key elements of the role are:-
The role holder must have experience of capturing requirements of complex reporting (Scorecards (KPI), Management dashboards). Therefore, an understanding across the entire BI/DW lifecycle from source system extraction, transformation and load (ETL), DW design principles (e.g. Kimball, Inmon methodology) and OLAP technologies would be a distinct advantage.
To build first class BI Solutions using the appropriate tools from design to deployment. Build testing strategies and deployment plans for BI developments and project manage BI developments from planning, reporting through to benefit realisation.
In addition to the above the BI Analyst will also be involved in some general business as usual (BAU) activities and contribute to the ongoing improvement of the wider Business Intelligence systems and department, providing where necessary customer training.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle within an enterprise wide Financial Services client
- Expertise in using a range of techniques to elicit business requirements specifically for BI/DW projects
- Strong analytical and design skills to cover everything from Data Mart design, down to adhoc query definition and delivery.
- Strong knowledge of BI reporting tools, in particular Cognos v10
- Experience of project delivery methodology and planning processes
- Experience with System and User Acceptance Testing.
- Knowledge & experience of a range of methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma), Agile, Waterfall, DSDM, ITIL III.
- Knowledge of data warehouse methodologies, e.g., Kimball, Inmon an advantage
- Experience of TOAD or other SQL tool an advantage
- Understanding of ETL tools and principles e.g. DataStage, Informatica an advantage
- Must be able to write clear and concise communications, with high attention to detail
- Strong technical skills, aligned with good analytical skills
- Must be a well-motivated, confident team player
- Experience of using Microsoft Office Products
- Must have good verbal communication skills to explain complex solutions to customers in a clear and concise manner, aligned with the ability to plainly communicate to all stakeholders at all levels within the organisation
This is an urgent contract role located in Slough with a competitive rate and long term opportunities for the right candidate.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.